Thursday, September 22, 2016

Layout creation from A to Z

How do you create your layouts?  There are many ways to get started.  Close to my Heart has 'how to books' with pattern layouts that show you how to cut your papers to create beautiful layouts.  Close to my Heart also has several Workshop Your Ways that includes everything you need to create 3 beautiful layouts along with instructions to guide you through the process.

I start out by gathering up the pictures that I want to create with.  I really love the bright blues in Hayley's outfit that she wore for her Senior pictures.  My page actually came fairly easy once I started to pull different sheets of papers from the new Paper Fundamentals packs. 





I went ahead and matted my photo with some of the brand new Sea Glass paper.  It really brought out the photos of Hayley perfectly.  I added some of the new Rustic Home Fundamentals to soften the page.





 

  

 


Next I added in some pops of color by adding the Tangerine dots and Lagoon writing paper from the Adventure Fundamentals paper.  Now my page is really coming together. 


Glitter always makes your artwork come alive.  So I used Close to my Hearts new Thin Cuts to add dimension to my layouts.  The solid hearts are popped up using 3D foam tape.  I also added some of Close to my Heart's newest ribbon from the Rustic Home Ribbon Pack.
Here are both pages of my completed layout.  I really do love how beautiful the pictures of Hayley look on this layout.  With just a couple of splashes of paper here and there and a sprinkle of glitter paper my layout came together with ease.  Mixing and match the new paper fundamental is so easy and really makes your photos come alive.  Try a pack or two or three and see how creating layouts becomes super easy.

Till next time, Happy Scrapping!

Your creative coach,

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment