Monday, April 20, 2015

Texas Blue Bonnets

One of my favorite things about Texas is the beautiful flowers that pop out everywhere in the spring time.  Texas is known for its beautiful Blue Bonnets and Indian Paint Brush.  You can find flowers all along the highways, back country roads, and empty fields.  Steve found a great field that actually had more Indian Paint Brush then Blue Bonnets.  So on our way to one of Hayley's volleyball tournaments we took advantage of a great photo opportunity! 
For my layout I used CTMH Brushed paper.  I really love how the buttercup yellow brings out the beautiful flowers in my photos.  To create the grid look on my layout I cut a template using my CTMH Cricut Artbooking Cartridge.  I used a combination of my Pixie stamp pad and Canary stamp pad and sponge the top of my template creating this wonderful effect.  I used the Brushed Workshop on the Go stamp set to stamp the 'Oh So Happy' and 'My Heart is filled with Sunshine'.  To finish this layout off I used flowers from the Brushed assortment and Topiary washi tape along with images stamped and cut from the Brushed stamp set.

Above is my layout with my flip flap 'open' to the left.  I was able to add an additional 6 photos using a 6X6 flip flap.  I just love how my layout turned out.  Great memories of a lovely drive in Texas!

Your Scrap Coach
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment