Monday, February 23, 2015

Year Noted

Every month CTMH has a special promotion.  In the month of January the kit was created with making a mini-album using paper pre-designed 4X6 panels that could slide into the 4X6 sleeves. 

Alot of ladies created beautiful cards, but I decided to see if I could create 2 layouts using one kit.  Even though I was limited to 4X6 pieces of able to create the allusion of having 12" paper. 

On the bottom right side of my page I overlapped 2 pieces of paper to make a  1 1/2 X 10" strip of paper.  I used the gold foil stickease to cover my seam.  Voila! 
I used Creme Brulee` re-inker along with alcohol in my CTMH spray pen to create a fun spritz background to my white daisy layouts.  Above is a close up.  I also was able to stamp directly onto my gold foil embellishment with ease using my clear acrylix stamp.  You just need to be careful to stamp straight on without wiggling to much and make sure your ink dries completely.  I heat set mine using my heat gun to ensure no smudges.


 My second layout was a snap.  I used CTMH's Artbooking Cricut cartridge to create an overlay for each side of my layout.  I was able to slide my 4X6 pieces of paper under my template to make this wonderful layout.  With left over scraps I added my dovetailed pieces.  I also created the fun Picture My Life 3X4 card using CTMH's Artfully Sent Cricut Cartridge.  Although it is hard to see I added 3D foam tape to pop it up.  I really liked the gold foil stickease.  They added just enough pop to draw your eye to each photo.

Once my had my layout complete now I need to find some fun photos for it.  So I decided to use my photos of me hanging out with my friends at Disneyland Convention.  Everything just fell into place for this layout without a lot of fuss.

Have fun with it!

Your Craft Coach
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment