Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Big Sur

Well I got to spend my birthday weekend doing my favorite thing...scrapbooking.  What better way to celebrate then spending the weekend at a Birthday Bash Scrapbooking retreat.  I got quite a bit done.  I will be sharing pictures of my layouts through the month of October.

 After spending a few days in Monterey we headed down HWY 1 along the coast through Big Sur to Los Angeles.  The views from the car are amazing.  Nothing beats driving down the coast in California, yet!
 
For my first layout I used CTMH Wanderful paper pack.  I like how the blues and purples help the ocean back ground stand out.  I also used the Wanderful Embellishments along with cards from the Wanderful Picture My Life kit.  I used 2 cards on the left side and the 'Just Go' card on the right.  The PML is a great ways to add some fun to any layout.
I had fun creating my VW Bug embellishment.  I cut the Love Bug out using my CTMH Cricut Artfully Sent.  Although this cartridge is meant to be used to make cards, don't let that stop you from thinking outside the box and creating fun embellishments for your layouts.  I used CTMH Liquid Glass for the head lights and windshield of my bug.  Liquid glass is a must have for scrappers!  Dries clear and looks like glass!
 
Surprisingly, I didn't use any Flip Flaps on this layout! I still need to do some journaling, but my layout is pretty close to complete.
 
I hope my layout gave you some inspiration.  Get those photos out and get crafty!  Have fun while preserving your memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment